Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What Does End Of Hulk Mean

Audio / DIY / Electronics - Passive Pre


To optimize the performance of my system (see http://vincenzo-blog.blogspot.com/2007/10/audio-autocostruzione-elettronica-rcv-1.html # links), I made a simple attenuator (why else are not the so-called passive preamplifiers) with cards of Dantimax.

Connect the volume control between the DSP and crossover, in fact I can keep the entrance to the DSP fixed, so that it works at full resolution sampling, and vary only one input to the crossover, which (hopefully ...) has fewer problems than analog.
Although the source semi-amateur (the kit comes in the DIY forum), the design is pretty elegant: the signal passes only through fixed resistors in a series of relays.
also retains the balanced line, and you can change the total impedance, which remains fixed regardless of the volume.

As a "gem" I added an extra tab (always Dantimax) to adjust the volume with a remote control. The card uses the codes of the Philips, so you can use a commercial remote control, select the device to emulate (I used the TV set).

At this point I can calibrate the output of the crossover so that the next drive to his work Cleanbox optimum gain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment