Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Places To Customize Cleats

Audio / Electronics / Marantz PM7200


After a series of DIY amps and other more or less "fake", one day I decided to "put my head straight and move to a commercial amplifier, but decent quality.
Despite appearances, taken from the multitude of "integrated", "complete systems", "home theater", "class D" and excluded the so-called (and expensive) amplifiers "high-end, there was not much choice then .
My needs were a little conflicted: on one hand I needed a good reserve of power to drive two channels inefficentissimi the dipoles, on the other I was orientatando towards multi-amplification, in which case I could take advantage of future a final "minimal" only for the tweeter.
Moreover, in view of the multi-amp, I needed some kind of control system that would manage without all the paraphernalia to be the electrician every time you wanted to turn the plant.
the end I turned to the Marantz PM7200, a stereo Class AB delivers 155 W into 4 ohms, but (I believe only in general) can work in Class A at 30 W.
The adoption of the "standard" control bus in the Marantz was a difficult choice, because, unless to do with an ad hoc, this binding on future developments (in fact, taken at the end of radio and always Marantz CD ...) . Of course the manufacturers know this and are careful not to get a true standard! However
is quite easy: with a single remote can control all equipment, especially lights and all that is connected to the subsidiaries. The pre-engineered
is good, because it has a direct button, which bypasses all the controls, and is separated from the final thanks to the taps for the DSP.
The only problem (which is common to all amps of this type) is the strong heat emanating in class A. Marantz is exaggerated to say that is normal, but I have not been able to do without adding a fan silenziolissima (the Noctua) to "resist" the Roman summer ... As for the qualities
"sonic" I admit to not knowing how to evaluate. Surely they are up to my DIY dipoles, but for this we need a little ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment