Thursday, September 3, 2009

Period Urination Painful

A new beginning ... and invective against

This is my old blog: The Final Experiment

do not really have never used the blog much, but I believe that good blogging platform should aim primarily to simplicity.
I could install Wordpress or any other blogging software on my personal space: this would give me greater freedom to customize, but just did not feel the need. When it happens I will.
I am interested primarily have a place to write down some of the content they find interesting for me (and hopefully for others) along with personal reflections and so on, but sets conditions Splinder quite strange to manage a blog. Here are the main faults I found:
  1. To save draft messages that ask you to pay a subscription. For what I need, not worth the expense. If the conditions were different, maybe I would, but for what I think, then spend a little more for a website and we install Wordpress ...
  2. Personalization is rather inconvenient: the smallest change necessary to change the entire page template. After you've tried and recommended to my friend, I am sorry because I put her in trouble when it comes to adding a simple link in a welter of HTML / CSS. The Blogger system is much more comfortable, and offers a good compromise.
  3. step 2. can be solved by using a layout already made (and they are many!) provided you find a perfect or nearly so. Ma .. Many creators of layout require that it is not modified , not even in color . It's fine for copyright owners to take their work there, but honestly I find it an exaggeration. The standard layouts are freely editable, so I took one of those, and I've done what I wanted. Too bad that was not much of a girlfriend.
  4. editor WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get): great, it works fine. But I have often had difficulties in the layout and put videos from Youtube content, I had to edit the HTML by hand to fix it. And worst of all, for security reasons that frankly I do not want to investigate, I can not copy and paste with the context menu (right), but only with CTRL + C and CTRL + V. Very convenient, really.
Then there was the straw that broke the camel's back here about how it went.
  • I wrote a post after a long silence.
  • Well, the public, but the title I do not like, and I decide to change it.
  • The change means a good but ... I made a spelling error.
  • I try to change it again, but remains as before.
  • then decide at this point to copy-paste and rewrite it in a new post.
  • Nothing to be done, there is always the case.
  • Then I think: OK, I'll update later.
  • On my return, the post had disappeared, a sign that had been effectively canceled.
At this point I thought, "bye bye Splinder!" It was a long time since I tried blogger, and having already a Gmail account I had not even make the effort to register.

About the blog name, I kept the same theme of the former: it is always taken from an album of Ayreon , but later: The Universal Migrator Part I: The Dream Sequencer . The Dream Sequencer is a machine that allows you to mentally relive past events, a sort of "machine of memories" if you will. Until next time!

PS If my motivation still not enough, take a trip on the blog soluzioni.splinder.com (which by the tone of the users' posts should be renamed problemi.splinder.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment